On Braxton Hicks & False Labour

Wikipedia: Braxton Hicks contractions, also known as prodromal labor or practice contractions, or false labor, are sporadic uterine contractions that sometimes start around six weeks into a pregnancy. However, they are not usually felt until the second trimester or third trimester of pregnancy. 

I don't remember feeling any of these during my first pregnancy. The only contraction I felt, was the real one, in which I was already in labour a few hours after that. However, this time around, they are pretty obvious, especially in my third trimester. Feels like that sudden tightening of the uterus/abdomen that lasts for a few minutes and then it goes off.

However lately, the Braxton Hicks can be quite painful! You just gotta breathe in and out a few times and wait for that 30 seconds - 1 minute to pass by and the pain will go away.

The past few weeks, TWICE, I woke up in the middle of the night, thinking that I'm already having the real contractions. I couldn't sleep, my abdomen hurts as contractions came every half and hour and they last for 30 seconds each - just like how a real labour should be. After 5 times, suddenly I realized that I'm already awake for Subuh prayers - false alarm!


Of course, I woke up, and checked my labour bag again, and my baby checklist - just to ensure that I didn't miss anything out. Getting me more organized, huh?

The last pregnancy, I had diarrhea one day before my delivery day and also during contractions. I was confused whether I was having diarrhea or contractions that when I went into labour, I was already 4cm dilated. Over the weekend, I had diarrhea. And then, I was like "Err.... is this it? Is it?" .....and then it turned out to be false alarm again!

It is very very confusing ok!

Anyways, I was talking to my cousin doctor, she said if it's becoming more obvious, then maybe the date is approaching.

Oklah, I will beranak next weekend then! (dengan confidentnya....ngehehhe)

#38weeks

You Might Also Like

0 comments