On Finding The Right Balance & Hana Tajima Simpson

Hana Tajima Simpson. A British-Japanese designer from London. She converted to Muslim 6 years back. I'm sure many Muslim women have heard of her, if not, her popular fashion website: Maysaa.

I was reading her profile and came across this:

One of the first things I did when I became Muslim was to donate all my ‘un-Islamic’ clothes to my little sister, well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Six years later and a fair few of those items have slipped back into my wardrobe along with other things I thought I’d never be able to wear.  It was a long process, trying to find the right balance, but I never wanted to lose sight of my own personal style and self expression.  The secret to it all is simple, if elusive… feel comfortable.

She's said it all right. I know my process of finding the right balance will take quite sometime. Getting there, insyaAllah! :D

Oh and she's also popular for her inner satin scarf, which covers the neck area. You can just simply put on any scarf/shawl without having to worry of the neck showing.

This is Hana with her inner satin snood.
Here's Yuna, also wearing the inner satin with Hana.

Another of Hana's style with her inner satin.
Mine's on the way! I'll give my personal reviews once I've received it. Have you ordered yours?
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments