The Word MALAS.

I grew up with my parents making the word MALAS (lazy) a taboo. Never ever say the word MALAS even if you are lazy. Sigh a little, but don't say the word.

I never understood why its such a bad word, we're not even cursing!

Just like any other teenager, I rebelled a little. I started using MALAS when I was in Sydney, always giving excuses NOT to do certain things.

"Malas laa nak gi kelas..."

"Malas laa nak pegi event tu..."

"Malas laa nak keluar, sejuk laaaa,"

Little did I know that this has become apart of me now. Most of the time, I give excuses not to attend events just because I'm tired - what a ridiculous reason is that. I choose to procrastinate; delaying errands that can be done today to the next day just because I'm lazy.

I realized that I've missed out a lot due to this selfish me.

My parents tell me, "If you have nothing better to do, why be lazy?"

I think just the word itself is negative that even if you say it as a casual fun thing, it somehow becomes apart of you. Like calling someone stupid for instance; especially your own kids.

One MALAS leads to another MALAS. We need to JUST DO IT instead.
Life is too short to be wasted on the word MALAS.




You Might Also Like

0 comments